As I read blog posts from Taryn over at A Peine for your Thoughts, I’m reminded of a few things.
1) There is a reason that God blesses some people with twins. Some can handle it (like Taryn). Some could not (such as myself). Enough life changes are created with one child. I don’t know if I could mentally handle more than one baby at a time. Taryn, you’re doing well, my friend!
2) TIME FLIES! Seriously, it seems like just the other day that I was having 6-7 crying episodes a day because my hormones were completely out of whack from just giving birth. We are now almost five months since those days. Crazy.
3) I have not put enough pictures of my growing baby on here… so that’s what I’m going to do! I’m going to give you a little update on my not-so-teeny baby!
Sloane is currently:
- weighing in at 13.5 pounds and is 25 inches long. Where this length comes from, I have no idea, but Matt and I are thrilled! We can only hope that this is not a teaser… and that the poor girl will end up on the short side like her parents.
- almost five months old! She hits the 5-month mark on March 15. We are fitting into the 3-6 month clothes, which means I’ve actually had to start purchasing tubs to put her teeny baby clothes into. Again, thank you Emily Rundle for the infant-size onesies that were worn every day until my girl started gaining weight at a month old!
- eating almost seven ounces of formula at her feedings. She eats every four hours, which leads me to my next bullet point.
- sleeping through the night! She starts to get fussy between 6:30-7 pm, which is our cue that it’s time for PJ’s and bed! She sleeps until 7:30-8 am and usually will lay there and talk to her self, kick her legs, stare at the video monitor for a bit until she is ready to get up. She’ll eat at 8:00, Noon, 4:00 and then if we can, we’ll try and get that fourth feeding in there. But if the girl is ready for bed and falls asleep, mom will not be waking her up to feed her… ‘Never wake a sleeping baby’ is officially our motto after getting past the first month.
- loves to jabber! It is HIGHLY entertaining for all of those within ears reach of her because she is usually either yelling, laughing or talking nonsense. Then again, it might not be as entertaining to strangers as it is to her relatives… but really, it’s F-U-N-N-Y!
- about to enter the world of solid foods! We went to her 4-month check-up in mid-February and the doctor gave us the go-ahead to try cereal, fruits and veggies. Matt and I got her highchair set up this evening and my goal is to attempt some rice cereal tomorrow night when Matt gets home. I need him there for video/picture-taking purposes!
She is so much fun and a ridiculously good baby. Seriously, we have drug this child back and forth from Kansas three times now and will be making her fourth trip in less than a month.
She just seems to go with the flow. And I have NO idea where she got that gene from because I have issues with ‘going with the flow’ most times. And her dad can ‘go with the flow’ if he is in a good mood.
In a little over a month, we’ll be celebrating her 1/2 year birthday, which saddens me only because she’ll turn six months old and then basically turn 18. Where does the time go?! 🙂