This week, I am dedicating my Etsy Finds of the Week to the upcoming Holiday of Thanksgiving.
I love this time of year because of the beautiful fall colors, the cooler weather (which ultimately means it’s hot tub season!), the amazing food, and time with family.
I’ll be giving you four finds this week because 1) It’s Thanksgiving related and I want to give thanks to these wonderful Etsy sellers and 2) It’s my blog and I can do what I want! 😉
- I LOVE to decorate! I have decor for St. Patty’s day, Easter, Fourth of July, my birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas… and the season of Snow. Unfortunately because of the current living situation and the fact that I really don’t want to unpack all boxes when, with my luck, we will end up moving in two weeks (this is not going to happen, it’s just a situation I could easily find myself in). So I’m putting off decorating for the time being.
- BUT … if I was decorating, I would pick this up in a heartbeat! It would adorable hanging across the fireplace or even outside along the railing.
- I almost feel guilty posting this cute apron on here… so I must first say that yes, this apron is adorable AND if I was the Thanksgiving hostess and cook, I would wear it proudly. But I think my aunt Sally might think I’m on crack if I walk in to her house on Thanksgiving Day, with the frozen rolls my mom bought at Wal-Mart, with this cute apron on, it might look like I’m there to help her cook… which she knows better. If she wants her food to stay delicious, she would not let me near it.
- BUT… if I was a great niece, I would buy this adorable apron for her!
- BUT if I think about it… I don’t remember ever seeing her in an apron.
- SO… Taryn… this looks like something you should be purchasing! Especially after the description it took up above to get to the word ‘Apron’!
- Found this cute print while browsing for specific Thankgiving-related items and thought that, even though it could be more of a fall-related item, you could keep this up year-round! Love it!
And last, but not least…
- I know the reason for Thankgiving. And I can tell you that I am thankful daily for everything in my life, but that is the one day a year that is set aside for you to be able to tell everyone what you are thankful for.
- Not in my family! We gather, we stare at the huge pot of mashed potatoes sitting on the stove and the already-cut turkey and my mom’s frozen Wal-Mart rolls (that are DELICIOUS – not even joking!), and wait in anticipation for my aunt to yell, “It’s ready!” Then we all crowd in the kitchen to try and be the first in line and make our way through.
- Once we are all seated in our various points in the house, someone always tries to do the prayer that my grandpa used to say before every family meal. When he would say the prayer, he would follow it with an attempt to pray for everyone in the room. He undoubtedly would always leave someone out… so my aunt or my Grams would try and get the ‘leftovers’ into the prayer.
- My point is… if this paper chain had been around and we had all wrote our names in, maybe the man wouldn’t have left out the entire right side of the table out of the prayer! 🙂 Man… I miss him!
- PS. Could be cute table decor, too!
And there you have it… My Thanksgiving Etsy finds!
Happy first week of November to everyone … and may you be thankful everyday that you have a computer to read my blog at. I know I am!