As I have mentioned before, I love Etsy. Etsy is basically an online mall… a mall full of handmade goodies. You can find anything and everything in this ‘mall’ as well as find things that you never knew you needed, but after seeing it, you will die to have! And the good news is that you won’t have to die to get it because very rarely is anything priced high on Etsy!
I had great luck with Etsy when I was wedding planning! I bought my bridesmaids earrings through a seller on Etsy (who lived in England). I bought a few bags, our guestbook and a few handkerchiefs. All of the sellers were easy to work with and sent me all of my items in a very timely manner.
Lately, I have been searching for baby gifts for friends on Etsy.
There is SO much to choose from. Bags, burp rags, baby mats, pacifier holders, blankets, slings.
You name it. You can find it on Etsy!
My office roommate told me that she was going to have to do an Etsy intervention on me soon.
She followed that up by telling me we should start a store on Etsy. Hmmm… some intervention!
So… I’d like to start an ‘Etsy Finds (or Sellers) of the Week’ and give you my top three finds (or sellers) once a week. I must tell you that it will be VERY hard to narrow it to only three, but by stopping at three, I’ll be able to actually get some things accomplished at work… rather than posting all of 50 Etsy finds into one blog post. I’m also giving myself some breathing room by adding in ‘Finds (or Sellers)’ because some people just have so many wonderful things to choose from that I will have to let you peruse through on your own time.
Here we go!
- I love this necklace because a) it’s just cute b) it’s different c) it has a good meaning behind it and d) if you read the description of the necklace from the seller, it looks great with a tan! 🙂
- This is also one of my favorite sellers! She has some adorable things!
2) Seller: Announcing You
- I just found this seller today, but LOVE these cards! I’m seriously considering buying one for our Christmas card this year. You choose a design, send her your requests and pictures and then she’ll send you the file, in which you take to a Walgreens, Wal-Mart, or Snapfish (online), etc. and have the cards printed for a VERY reasonable price.
- This is also the store I sent to my office roommate… she said we should go into business together. Very tempting! 😉
3) Monogrammed pillow; Found at kaileyhawthorn’s store
- Who doesn’t love a cute pillow AND one with the wonderful letter ‘A’ monogrammed on to it?! Obviously, she could monogram whatever letter you’d like on the pillow… but her collection of home goodies are just too cute! I believe I sent this site to Taryn at ‘A Peine for your Thoughts’ to give her additional ideas on things to make since she is a sewing guru nowadays!
So there you have it! My top three Etsy finds (or sellers) of the week. I beg of you to take some time (or a few hours if you are me) to browse through Etsy. If you aren’t sure where to start, scroll down to the ‘Explore’ section on the homepage. It will give you great ideas on where to begin your Etsy addiction.