I received a few of these ’25 Random Thing’ notes on Facebook from various people and never paid attention to them until today when I decided to procrastinate at work a bit.
They were pretty entertaining… some people have very good insight and can be pretty deep. There are some who might go into huge detail about someone that means the world to them, while I feel like I might just say, “I love ___. The end.”
But I thought I would give it a whirl… I’d love to see what your responses would be! It might take awhile, just a forewarning!
Here are the rules: Once you’ve been tagged (on Facebook), you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged (on Facebook). You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
Here we go!
1. My uncle Blish told my parents he would pay for my college tuition if they named me after him… or had any part of his name in my name. He lost, but I think one of his children has his name as a middle name. Luckily for my uncle, he already has to pay for his child’s college tuition!
2. I am in a ‘curly hair’ phase. I only learned how to use a curling iron once I got in college, but could never pull off curls. Now that I have had my Chi straightener for a few years, I have found some tricks of the trade and do the curly ‘do quite often.
3. I am a complete neat freak. I go into convulsions when my husband leaves his 10 coats lying on the chair, rather than hang them up. It’s a severe problem for me and one that I was told I needed to lighten up on. What am I going to do when I have children? So I have made an attempt to not bust a blood vessel when my floor is not clean enough to eat off of.
4. I love Texas. I don’t want to live there, but I love visiting. Might have to do more with the people that live there than the state itself, come to think of it.
5. I am a reality TV junkie. This is also another severe disease! I love ‘The Bachelor’ and ‘The Housewives of Orange County/NYC/Atlanta’, ‘The City’, ‘The Hills’… These shows are all ridiculous, I know this deep down, but it does not keep me from watching on a regular basis.
6. I wish I could sing. Sometimes, when I’m in the car, I think I sound OK. But that’s as far as I take it because really… I know I can’t sing!
7. My brother is the funniest person I know. I would not have told you this when he was ages 5-13. He was definitely in his ‘trying things out’ stage… And what he tried was bad. When I think about it now, it makes me laugh… only because it was bad! But he has evolved since those days and I can say affirmatively that he is one funny guy!
8. My cousin Seth comes in a close second.
9. I HATE bad weather. I have yet to see/be in a tornado (KNOCK ON WOOD) and I would like to keep it that way. But even though I hate bad weather, I still have to watch the TV or listen to the radio to see the danger that is coming at me. Weirdorama.
10. I love my hometown. I’m so happy that is where I grew up… It’s hard to fathom raising my children somewhere other than Sedan. I know it’s a bit different now than when I left blank years ago, but it still is a wonderful town. Those growing up there never truly appreciate it until you’ve left.
11. I love all of the seasons because of the weather… except summer. Summer frustrates me because as soon as you take a shower, you start sweating again. Gross. And I don’t do gross.
12. I don’t think a person could have asked for better parents. My mom and dad are the most wonderful human beings that I will ever know! The traits that I love most about them – their complete kindness, sense of humors and great personalities – are unfortunately the things that they get walked all over for. As Hills’, we don’t know how to say no… which always comes back to haunt us!
13. I will forever be a cheerleader… literally until the day I die. Yes, you can laugh because it’s funny. But it’s true.
14. My husband is hot. And has the best smile around! How lucky am I!
15. I love cheese. Alot. Pepperjack, swiss, american, cheddar, mozzarella, feta, etc.
16. I wish I was a personal shopper that purchased clothes and home furnishings for someone. It would allow me to apply my rules from ‘What Not to Wear’ and do all of the cool, fun things to someone’s house that I don’t have the guts to do to my own.
17. I still believe that one of the best decisions I ever made in my life was to join a sorority. People have alot of stereotypes about sorority girls and Greek life in general. No, we do not run around topless and start pillow fights (well, I didn’t — I don’t speak for my friends because they probably did!!!). But I met the most wonderful people that I was lucky enough to call sisters and friends!
18. To play off of No. 17, one of the coolest moments of my life was when my sister called to tell me that she was a Kappa! Obviously, we have a bond as sisters, but having this bond with her through Kappa is pretty awesome!
19. My favorite food ever is Macaroni Grill’s Pasta Milano. Go figure that they tore down Macaroni Grill in Wichita and built a GINORMOUS Barnes and Noble. Who chooses reading over great Italiano cuisine?
20. My best friend and I followed each other all the way through college. Then she moved to Arkansas. I’m orchestrating a “Move to Wichita, Stacey’s!” demonstration sometime. It’s unfortunate that they just purchased a house — might put a damper on my plan.
21. My second cousins (that really are just plain ‘ol cousins to me) are the most precious children in the whole world… just look at them!
22. I have never been good with money. I love it so much, but it is really the devil. I am learning… and my husband is trying to be patient with me. You’d think that the computer/finance class in high school where I learned to balance my checkbook would have stuck with me.
23. I love my sister for putting up with me being her second mother. It’s not like she doesn’t get enough from her real mother. My husband tells me to back off, but the thought of me NOT reminding her to do something makes me feel irresponible. I’m the big sister. It’s what I do.
24. Boy bands rock my world. NKOTB – going to see them in March with my mom. Hanson – saw them in November, I’m still in love. NSYNC – my hope in life is that they plan a reunion tour. 98 Degrees – Nick Lachey. Yowza. Backstreet Boys – My boy best friends in high school did a lip sync act to BSB’s ‘I Want it that Way’ … I will never forget that night or that song! But I draw the line at the Jonas Brothers. Sorry cousin Sydney!
25. The most important thing in the world to me is my family. From my dad, to my cousin Marin, to my aunt Sally to my Grandma Dean. There is not one of them that I’m not proud to say that they are my blood (other than when my cousin Daniel wears KU shirts around … oh and when my uncle Tim does the same thing … and maybe when my dad wears his leather vest with the big Eagle on the back). I am who I am because of them.
Wow… I could go on for atleast 15 more. But the rules clearly state 25. Can you come up with 25 random things?
Mom, I know you read this … Stop watching ‘America’s Next Top Model’ and make a list!